These are the races that I have registered for at this point, with everything being to get ready for Maryland.
- March 15, Courthouse O’Putnam 5K
- April 19, 19th Annual “Wrentham Duathlon”
- May 2, Willi Whammer Half Marathon
- June 21, “Oh My Goddard!” Olympic Triathlons
- June 28, XTERRA French River XPS
- August 2, Blackstone Valley Tri
- August 16, IRONMAN 70.3 Timberman
- August 22, Rhode Warrior Half Iron
- October 3, IRONMAN Maryland
The plan is to also get back to cyclocross this year. I’m not planning a full ‘cross season, but I am going to hit a few of my favorite race venues.
There are a couple more races that I am looking at and may do depending on how I feel at the time.
- September 19, Jamestown Half Marathon
- October 10, NU Hartford Marathon – Not a real good chance of this one this year, but it is a bucket list item.
- October 18, The Rhode Island Duathlon Festival
Tomorrow begins my training for IRONMAN Maryland. Competing in an IRONMAN has always been a bucket list item for me. I’m pretty sure that this goes back to watching some of the early races on the old Wide World of Sports on ABC. A friend of mine did Louisville two years ago and it made me start thinking that maybe it was time to get this off the bucket list. Last year I took my first step toward making this a reality by competing in IRONMAN Timberman 70.3. It was a great learning experience and I had a lot of fun, so I took the plunge and signed up for Maryland this year.
The last four months I have spent working on building a good base to work with for my actual IRONMAN training plan. I feel like I am in better shape right now than I was at any point last year, which is good, but I still have a long way to go. I’ll be testing my winter work next weekend at the Wrentham Duathlon followed by the Willi Whammer Half Marathon two weeks later.
The other thing that I have been working on is figuring out the nutritional part of this training volume. Unfortunately it does not matter how much information you have, if you do not follow it then things go sideways pretty fast.
Well I guess this is all for now. I will be posting updates along the way on my training.